Vassals


This picture sparked a lot of thoughts in my head. My first thoughts were, oh come one not again! Particularly after reading this post's title, Is There a Foregin Potentate Obama Will Not Bow Before? My second thoughts, before looking at the picture, were, it can't really be that bad can it? My third thoughts, after looking at the picture, were, when did we decide to become vassals of the Emperor of Japan? I don't think even the Emperor's own son bows that low to him. My fourth thoughts were, we'll survive this little snafu same as the others. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

While we're all moaning and groaning and picking sides in the dust up over this display of ignorance about the significance of bows in Japanese culture has our leader made up his mind yet about how/if he is going to fight the war on terror?

Comments

Popular Posts

What's in a flower?

Treating autism as traumatic brain injury

Battlestar Galactica needs more colour?